Powerpoint macro does not find any attachment

Christian Willoch June 8, 2015

I have uploaded a pptx-file to a space. Then I want to use the "Insert Powerpoint" macro to display it. But no file is available on the dropdownlist (see image). What is wrong?

2015-06-09_08-48-20.png

5 answers

2 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015

Hi Christian, 

Can you check if the PPT macro will identify other Powerpoint file extensions? For example, try to attach only a .ppt file in order to see if the same result will be displayed. If not, try to check if the same will happen with different pages. smile

Hope it helps you!

Regards, 

Giuliano T.

Confluence/Crowd Support

1 vote
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2015

At this point I would advice you to raise a support at https://support.atlassian.com so the atlassian folks can assist you on taking a closer look on that as we would end up needing to check your logs to further narrow down what is going on.

Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!
1 vote
Christian Willoch July 29, 2015

Hi all,

ufortunately, we still have the problem. And it's a mystery to us, so I hope for some input from you guys.

We do manage at some point to find the attachment when when using the office or pdf macro. But this is how it looks like when viewing:

2015-07-30_07-09-17.jpg

The wheel just keeps spinning and spinning.

Strange thing is, that you can hit the download icon, and the file downloads fine.

If I go in to the attachment list, I can even use the "Edit in Office"-function, and the document pops up as it should.

2015-07-30_07-10-12.jpg

But if I click on "View", I get a webpage with following:

2015-07-30_07-09-48.jpg

I appreciate all input to figure out how to solve this.

1 vote
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Interesting, instead of editing the page click on tools and attachments, add a new pptx file. Then go to yout page and try to use the pptx macro again.

If it still fails try recreating the page. Also can you confirm if the pages the macro is working were on a different space? If they are what happens if you try using the macro in another page in the same space?

Let us know how it goes smile;
Thanks and Regards,
Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!
0 votes
Christian Willoch June 18, 2015

Hi Giuliano,

Thanks for answer. Seemed like some kind of hick-up on this specific page, since I tested it on some other pages and it worked fine.

So not sure what happened on this page specifically.

Thanks!

tapraj February 20, 2021

Hi @Christian Willoch ,

Did you find any solution , as even I am unable to understand why the macro cant find the attached ppt file. I have tried with both .ppt and .pptx but nothing is displayed in file dropdown.

I checked in other space, it works fine for both extensions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events