Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible for customer to see Jira Service Desk tickets via filter in Confluence?

Benjamin_Wettlaufer January 27, 2020

Hi Community,

I have a quick question. Within the knowledge space for our Jira Service Desk project I created filter for the various issue types, states and stuff. The agent can see them of course, but the customers can't ("Jira project doesn't exist or you don't have permission to view it."). I don't really see what I can adapt in the permissions, so that this is possible. Is there a way?

Many thanks. 

Best,
Ben

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Hi @Benjamin_Wettlaufer 

No, a customer can't see Confluence pages with filters, states and stuff.  Only licensed users will be able to see that, even if the page is live in the Customer Portal. 

Customers can see Request and Issue Types via the Customer Portal, but those are defined by you under Jira Service Desk Project Settings. 

-Mike

Hi Mike, many thanks for the very fast reply! So the thing is, all of these user are actually licensed user - so they have an account. 

While they can see every ticket which is shared with their organisation within the portal, the overview is limited. By adding filters within the Confluence space, we grat a broader (more specific) overview. I assume now, that for JSD user, in general filter and so on will not work as it is designed the way that everything should work via the portal? 

Best,
Ben

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2020

Hi Ben, 

Are these licensed users on the same instance? Or are they viewing everything via the Customer Portal.

When you say they can see the tickets via the portal, you mean customer portal view not Jira Service Desk view?  

-Mike

Hi Mike, that might be actually the reason ... we used to work with these users in a normal Jira project. Now we established Jira Service Desk, added them to an organisation, within the JSD portal everything works fine but I can't share filter views in the connected Confluence space anymore. Which is a shame. Filtering within their "request board" works okay, but we can get very detailed of course with our own filter. So I guess, there is no way?

Best,
Ben

Mike Bowen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2020

Not if those users are accessing your Customer Portal, through the account set up via the Organisation. Then they are effectively portal users. 

And if that is true, then you might want to consider looking into the licensing of those users, because Customer Portal users shouldn't have to pay for a licence. Potential savings if you are paying licences for each of them. 

Damn! I should have a donate button! ;-) Jokes,

Best

-Mike

Benjamin_Wettlaufer January 30, 2020

Hi Mike, 

many thanks for the answer. I start to see how JSD works here, but it still doesn't really make sense to me but that's how the software works I guess. The thing with the licensed user is clear, which was one of the reasons for the switch but that actually brings up another question but I will open a new thread for this and close this one. Many thanks again!

Best,
Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events