It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Pointing confluence to new database (postgres)

I am having an issue locating the config file in confluence for the database.  we created a copy of our confluence app server as a test environment (did similar for JIRA) so that we can test software updates, etc.   

I have created a test database (postgres) on the same database server as the production environment.  But I'm just trying to locate the file i can update the database info.  From what I've read, it would be in this file confluence.cfg.xml.  but when i do a search for it on my confluence app server.....the file is not present either on my test env. or on my production box.  

1 answer

0 votes

The file should be in the "confluence home" directory.  For example, I have

charlie@zen:/opt/data-conf$ ls -l
total 92
drwx------ 2 charlie charlie 4096 Sep 18 01:22 analytics-logs
drwx------ 3 charlie charlie 4096 Jan 7 2019 attachments
drwx------ 2 charlie charlie 12288 Sep 18 02:01 backups
drwx------ 2 charlie charlie 4096 Jan 7 2019 bundled-plugins
-rw-r----- 1 charlie charlie 5707 Aug 26 20:19 confluence.cfg.xml
drwx------ 3 charlie charlie 4096 Jan 7 2019 imgEffects
drwx------ 3 charlie charlie 4096 Aug 26 20:20 index

Note that I'm logged in as charlie, as that account owns (and can hence see) the Atlassian installs on that box

below is my results (i did this on the production app server which confluence is currently running on) and this is just what i got. 

confluence.PNG

Sorry, I was not clear - /opt/data-conf is just where I happen to have put Confluence's home directory on that machine, I can't tell you where it is on yours.

Depending on how you installed it, you might have a pointer to the home directory in <confluence install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties

i even tried to do a locate with just the .cfg.xml and nothing returnedCapture.PNG

Ok, what do you have in the confluence home directory?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

278 views 9 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you