Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pocket query - Error rendering macro 'pocketquery' : null

Arya Banerjee May 24, 2015

Hi Team,

We are facing a weird issue after we migrated our database location from shared server to a dedicated Windows 2012 server. Database has just been migrated from SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2014.

We are using SQL Server 2014 but unfortunately all our pocket queries giving the above error.

Is SQL Server 2014 supported by pocket query? I see all my queries working fine in SQL Server management studio.

Any suggestions on this please? If SQL Server 2014 is supported by pocket query, what can be a probable reason for this plugin not working in our Confluence instances?

2 answers

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

Hi Arya,

So do you mean it works by now? You said you changed the database configuration in PocketQuery? You didn't add a new database?

Regards, Felix [Scandio]

Arya Banerjee May 25, 2015

Hi Felix, Thanks for your response. Yes it works now. I changed the database location and also upgraded the database. I also changed the pocket query database config and checked and it was able to connect properly. But somehow, I had to delete all the existing queries (though the queries were all the same with all their table names) and then again add new queries. Regards, Arya

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2015

That's strange. Always when a PocketQuery macro is run, the statement is fetched, then the database connection is created and then the statement is executed. I don't really understand why this happened at the moment. Well.. at least it works again now ;)

0 votes
Ranganath HV May 24, 2015

@Arya Banerjee,

Confluence does support SQL 2014 completely.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Supported+Platforms

Configuration changes might be required in SQL 2014.

It will be more helpful if you share the exact issue.

Thanks,

Ranganath

Hi Ranganath, Thanks for your reply. I verified and understand that Confluence does support SQL Server 2014 as a database:- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Supported+Platforms However, I am facing the problem with the plugin that I had installed:- POCKET QUERY. POCKET QUERY plugin was working earlier when my database was SQL SERVER 2008. But may be after migration to SQL Server 2014, it seems to have stopped working with the rendering issue. This is the plugin that I am referring to:- https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.scandio.confluence.plugins.pocketquery

Ranganath HV May 24, 2015

What is your Pocket Query version and Confluence Version? What is the error or error code?

My Pocket query version is the latest one available in Atlassian market place. Confluence version is 5.7.3. However, just an update that I was able to execute and show the pocket queries without any errors. I just deleted the previous pocket queries from the config and then again added them. Somehow, it was holding the previous database config even after changing the database config in pocket query. Thanks :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events