Plugins with error when starting up Confluence

Nicolas Gonzalez December 16, 2013

I have a server with redhat, Tomcat 7 and JDK 7.

I configured Tomcat as described in the confluence documentation

but when I start it says there were error in the plugin's initialization and some parts ( like the add new content button) are missing from the web UI.

I read that it may be a timeout so I downloaded the version with 300 seconds timeout and added the parameter to the javaops but the errors are still the same.

I attached the log to see if it helps to find out whats going on..(atlassian-confluence.log)

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas Gonzalez

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nicolas Gonzalez January 1, 2014

The problem was caused by using Tomcat 7 instead of supported version of Tomcat (6).

Installing tomcat 6 and configuring it, solved the problem.

Thanks

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014
That's right, it seems 90% of the people download the Confluence zip where Tomcat is embedded. You're one of the few who prefers to use the .war itself. It works well, since Atlassian does that for its internal Confluence instances.
0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

The problem has probably started to happen when you've installed or upgraded some plugin, but you didn't see it. Try to upgrade all your plugins to the latest version, hoping they will all be compatible with each other. Apart from this, you should probably ask for help from Atlassian's support.

Nicolas Gonzalez December 19, 2013

Thanks Adrien for answering.

Unfortunatly It was a first time installation, so no new plugins.

I'll send a question to supports.

Thanks

Nicolas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events