Plugins with error when starting up Confluence

I have a server with redhat, Tomcat 7 and JDK 7.

I configured Tomcat as described in the confluence documentation

but when I start it says there were error in the plugin's initialization and some parts ( like the add new content button) are missing from the web UI.

I read that it may be a timeout so I downloaded the version with 300 seconds timeout and added the parameter to the javaops but the errors are still the same.

I attached the log to see if it helps to find out whats going on..(atlassian-confluence.log)

Thanks in advance!

Nicolas Gonzalez

2 answers

1 accepted

The problem was caused by using Tomcat 7 instead of supported version of Tomcat (6).

Installing tomcat 6 and configuring it, solved the problem.

Thanks

That's right, it seems 90% of the people download the Confluence zip where Tomcat is embedded. You're one of the few who prefers to use the .war itself. It works well, since Atlassian does that for its internal Confluence instances.

The problem has probably started to happen when you've installed or upgraded some plugin, but you didn't see it. Try to upgrade all your plugins to the latest version, hoping they will all be compatible with each other. Apart from this, you should probably ask for help from Atlassian's support.

Thanks Adrien for answering.

Unfortunatly It was a first time installation, so no new plugins.

I'll send a question to supports.

Thanks

Nicolas

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

385 views 21 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you