Plugin to add a digital/electronic signature?

Hi, we keep track of training records on Confluence and I would like to know if there is a plugin available which will allow us to add electronic/digital signatures to a record. Ideally this would be a proper handwritten signature using a touchscreen device so that we can do away with paper records.

Thanks

1 answer

Sign Off for Confluence keeps a hash of the page and the name of the user who clicked it. So the hash is invalidated if anything is changed.

I'd assume you can't have fully-proven signatures because:

• You need to trust Confluence administrators (after all, if they control the server where Confluence is hosted, they could display whatever information they want - for example with a plugin which looks the same as a validation plugin).
  • You can encrypt the signature as much as you want - but where do you store the private key?

If you have any implementation suggestion, I'd be curious as well to investigate possibilities.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

73 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you