Plugin to add a digital/electronic signature?

Tom Booth April 20, 2016

Hi, we keep track of training records on Confluence and I would like to know if there is a plugin available which will allow us to add electronic/digital signatures to a record. Ideally this would be a proper handwritten signature using a touchscreen device so that we can do away with paper records.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2016

Sign Off for Confluence keeps a hash of the page and the name of the user who clicked it. So the hash is invalidated if anything is changed.

I'd assume you can't have fully-proven signatures because:

• You need to trust Confluence administrators (after all, if they control the server where Confluence is hosted, they could display whatever information they want - for example with a plugin which looks the same as a validation plugin).
  • You can encrypt the signature as much as you want - but where do you store the private key?

If you have any implementation suggestion, I'd be curious as well to investigate possibilities.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events