Placeholder pages

Is it possible to add placeholder links in the page structure?

What I would like to achieve is to be able to add navigation items in one space that actually point to a real page somewhere else.

Please note that I am not talking about including a navigation page, or linking to stuff in a page.

I want this in the automatically created navigation tree.

3 answers

1 accepted

Tim Wong refers to Configuring a Sidebar.

Otherwise, you might simply edit the home page for SPACE1, and add links to the pages in SPACE2. Make sure that your links refer to the permanent URLs for the pages in SPACE2.

I'm not sure, but you may be interested to learn about creating an undefined link to a page that you will create later.

I'm not clear on the question. Which verison of product are we talking about, and exactly which portion of "navigation items"?

For instance, if we were talking about the newest versions of Confluence where we have the sidebar, and you were refering to the sidebar on the left side, you could click configure sidebar> Add Link, then search out some other page in Space2, with arbitrary link text "fakepage".

Sorry if I misunderstood your query.

Tim Wong refers to Configuring a Sidebar.

Otherwise, you might simply edit the home page for SPACE1, and add links to the pages in SPACE2. Make sure that your links refer to the permanent URLs for the pages in SPACE2.

I'm not sure, but you may be interested to learn about creating an undefined link to a page that you will create later.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,602 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you