Ping Federate not working on Confluence

Maz Kozi August 9, 2017

Hi,

I am integrating JIRA and Confluence with Ping. Currently we have an easy sso setup. If I login to JIRA or Confluence, then I don't have to login again to access Confluence or JIRA. If I am in Office network, it logs me in automatically into both using my windows credentials (Kerberos setup).

After implementing ping, I see that JIRA is redirecting me to Ping for authentication, however, confluence doesn't redirect me to Ping at all. I contacted Ping and had my configs verified, all looks good. I believe something is missing from Confluence side that is not redirecting my request to Ping. 

As per the configuration guide, I have configured the authenticator in seraph-config.xml and change the login and login.link urls. I don't see the requests been handed over to this authenticator.

Can someone help me resolve this?

Below are the details for your reference:

JIRA Version: 7.2.5

Confluence Version: 6.0.1

PingFed Version: 8.3

4 answers

0 votes
Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 7, 2019

It is too late to answer this question as it is 2019 and the question was from 2017 but anyone searching for SSO into JIRA and other Atlassian applications from Ping Federate or any SAML supported IDP can use the SAML SSO Plugin for JIRA and Confluence.

With this plugin, you can manage the user's profile, groups, and redirection to IDP from the plugin's dashboard itself no need to change any of server file.

I work for miniOrange and in case if you need further assistance with the plugin and IDP configuration, you can reach out to miniOrange at atlassiansupport@miniorange.com or through the customer portal.

Thanks,
Lokesh

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2019

Well, I am late to the party (this being 2019 and the question form 2017), but for the sake of future people searching something like this...

EasySSO is a commercial plugin, fully supported 24x7...

Please reach to our Support with this kind of questions: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212583/easy-sso-confluence-kerberos-ntlm-saml?hosting=server&tab=support

Having said this, based on the description of the issue, and the fact that something is being deployed in seraph-config.xml - I would imagine the issue is with something provided by Ping, i.e. their SAML authenticator, rather than EasySSO.

0 votes
Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Hi Maz,

like Lars above, I can't help with Easy SSO itself. I can only really point you towards our plugins in the marketplace - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/1210947/resolution-reichert-network-solutions-gmbh

(I work for resolution).

We have many customers to use PING via SAML with our plugins for both their external & internal needs.

You get in touch with us at atlassianplugins@resolution.de if you like some help in setting it up.

Cheers,
Christian

0 votes
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2017

Disclaimer: I work for Kantega Single Sign-on.

We have a plugin that offers both Kerberos and SAML (with built-in instructions for PING)

If you want to use both in combination, then you are automaticallly logged in while at the Office, while you can use SAML remotely. 

You do not have to edit any configuration files at all.

===

Perhaps a silly question, but you did restart confluence after making the changes to seraph-config.xml?

Maz Kozi August 13, 2017

Yes. I did.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events