Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personalized E-Mails; Move Content from Evaluation version

Markus Späthling March 23, 2014

Hello, I'm just trying the evaluation Version of Confluence on my local Computer and my company is planning to buy the product and install it on our Server.

Is there a clever way to transport the content from the Evaluation version to the hosted version?

Is it possible (and how) that our users manage their personalized E-Mails in Confluence?

Like xy@mycompany.comso that they can write, receive Mails and copy them to a specific page or area.

Thanks in advance for support

Markus

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi Markus,

go to Admin > Backup and Restore (in germna "Sichern und Wiederherstellen") and do the backup with the attachments. This will backup your content (not your plugins) and you can restore it directly when you setup your new server.

Emails can be changed, if you use the internal user management, or it depends to the configuration of your directory. Normally, the mail adress comes from a ldap and can't be changed.

Regards

Steve

Markus Späthling March 23, 2014

Thank you for quick answer. I understand the first part with Backup and restore.

For the second part: I don't completely understand the answer. What I would like to know is, if a person can receive emails and create emails from Confluence instead of using a program like Microsoft Outlook. The idea is that a colleague receives for example an email from a customer and can add the content to a specific page in Confluence without using a separate email programm.

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Ok, then I misunderstood your second part...

Confluence is NOT a mail client, but you can send mails to share content with another confluence user and you can use pop to read mails and generate content from this mails. But, as these mails generate some kind of pages, you will not have any privacy and your mailbox will be public.

You have the option to import mail archives as well, but here again, no privacy!

There are tools in confluence like mentions or chat plugins, which will enable you to communicate in the system, and here you can reduce mail usage, but you can't replace it with outlook!

0 votes
Markus Späthling March 24, 2014

Hi Steve,

now i understand the possibilities better.

Thanks for your qualified answer

Markus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events