Personal spaces not appearing in the "People with Personal Spaces Directory"

Paula Billington June 20, 2018

Not all personal spaces appear in the list here:

https://XXXXXXXXX.atlassian.net/wiki/dopeopledirectorysearch.action?queryString=&showOnlyPersonal=true

However they do all appear on this page in the "Personal Spaces" section:

https://XXXXXXXXX.atlassian.net/wiki/spacedirectory/view.action

I need the behaviour to be consistent. All personal spaces should appear in both URLS

1 answer

0 votes
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2018

Hi @Paula Billington,

Check with the individuals who have spaces not appearing and see if they are restricted at all.  The issue might lie in the permissions.

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll look again.

Hi Patrick, I can confirm that there are no restrictions in place.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2018

I am looking at our instance now and am having a similar experience.

It's possible that your admin user somehow got removed from the confluence users group per this answer below, can you check?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Administrator-does-not-see-personal-spaces/qaq-p/450771

The user still has the confluence users group in their groups list

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2018

For me, the users that aren't appearing in the first link you posted are no longer active on Confluence.

Check to see if these personal spaces that are showing in the second link are people who are still active (have access to Confluence) at your company.

Paula Billington June 21, 2018

All users are still active. The only differentiation I can see is that the user who is not appearing has a space key of ~then a number string. While the user who is appearing has a space key of their name. Not sure if this is relevant at all though.

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2018

Have they configured their personal space yet?  It might be that they have the permission to set up their personal space but they haven't actually gone in and done it yet.

Paula Billington June 24, 2018

Yes, the space is configured. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events