Personal Space Creation

Greetings,

I am an administrator.

My first question is can I create a personal space for a user or must they do it?

Second, I have a user who wants to create a personal space but I can not find the option on his profile page, which is where I think I should be looking based on what I saw in other posts.

The global permissions does allow for the creation of personal spaces and other users have done it.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Dave,

The user has to make their own space.

I haven't done this for ages, but I think they create it from their name, which has a drop down menu. If they haven't got a space already, they will see an option there to create it.

When they do, make sure they set the privacy as needed.

Cheers.

I have tried this but he doesn't seem to have the option.

Dave,

I've just seen this in the documentation, does this help?

Creating your personal space

To set up your personal space, you need the 'Personal Space' permission which is assigned by a Confluence administrator. See Giving People Access to Content and Global Permissions Overview.

Full docs here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+your+Personal+Space

OK, can you check this with another user to see if anyone else is having this problem? Or do you know already if this is unique?

Looks like I just wasn't looking in the right place. The docs helped me out I think as another user was in a similar boat but I do see the option there. Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

965 views 14 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you