cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Space Creation

Dave Stewart March 3, 2014

Greetings,

I am an administrator.

My first question is can I create a personal space for a user or must they do it?

Second, I have a user who wants to create a personal space but I can not find the option on his profile page, which is where I think I should be looking based on what I saw in other posts.

The global permissions does allow for the creation of personal spaces and other users have done it.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Dave,

The user has to make their own space.

I haven't done this for ages, but I think they create it from their name, which has a drop down menu. If they haven't got a space already, they will see an option there to create it.

When they do, make sure they set the privacy as needed.

Cheers.

Dave Stewart March 3, 2014

I have tried this but he doesn't seem to have the option.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Dave,

I've just seen this in the documentation, does this help?

Creating your personal space

To set up your personal space, you need the 'Personal Space' permission which is assigned by a Confluence administrator. See Giving People Access to Content and Global Permissions Overview.

Full docs here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+Up+your+Personal+Space

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

OK, can you check this with another user to see if anyone else is having this problem? Or do you know already if this is unique?

Dave Stewart March 4, 2014

Looks like I just wasn't looking in the right place. The docs helped me out I think as another user was in a similar boat but I do see the option there. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events