Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permitted users are denied entrance into Confluence. Why?

Robert Guerin March 17, 2014

Created users.

Associated them with groups.

Groups have access to Confluence.

Gave permission to 2 users (with available licences available) to use Confluence and it told them the access was denied (contact admin for more help).

Read FAQ and found no additional info on current problem. Verified all user permissions, global permissions and user management. Can't find anything.

We are using an OnDemand service at https://ugroupmedia.atlassian.net

Thank you for your help

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2014

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately the instance is affected by a bug and a restart is needed to complete the maintenance. I just created an support issue to handle the fix and Alexandre Berard should have received the request to confirm a time to restart the instance.

Regards,
Mauro

Peter Todd March 17, 2014

We have what seems to be exactly the same issue. Access denied for some users even after giving them access (and even adding them to admin groups). Can you check this for us please.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2014

Hi Peter,

Please create a support request at support.atlassian.comwhere you'll provide the instance name and some basic details, and we'll surely take a look.

Cheers,
Mauro

0 votes

I did not remove these 2 users from groups while giving them global permissions, no. I would assume this is not required. I don't believe we are using an LDAP integration. Our service is hosted through Atlassian's OnDemand service.

Thanks

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

OK, try removing them from those groups, giving them individual global permissions to access and also do the same for the space permissions you want them to access to.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

But did you remove them from those groups while giving global permissions individually? Assuming you are not using LDAP integration, right?

0 votes

Tried that. I've added 2 users, both of which are in groups that have access and these groups are allowed in Confluence. Not to mention application access.

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

But did you remove them from those groups while giving global permissions individually? Assuming you are not using LDAP integration, right?

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

Try to add users inidividually from the Global permission section and see if they can access.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events