Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions Window - Certain AD Users Do Not Show Up in User Search

Justin Finley January 25, 2021

Hi,

I am new to Confluence and have recently set up a new page for the team I'm in. 

I have just 2 Active Directory users out of the 8 that for some reason I am not able to add in the permissions window, as they do not show up in the user search results.  The other 6 I am able to locate by first or last name, as well as email address.

I've checked in other applications such as MS Office Apps that look through the AD users, and I am able to see these 2 users as normal, but only cannot seem to add them into Confluence page access.

Does anyone know if there may be another way to check for these users in Confluence, or a way to manually add them so that they're able to at least view and modify content?  For the time being at least, I'd like to keep the Everyone access off, until I can determine the appropriate default access.

Thanks

Justin

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my organization is running Confluence 6.15.4, running not on the cloud platform but a standalone server within my organization.  Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
David April 9, 2021

Do all your users have Space permisions enabled? 
Could it be that if you don't have space permissions individually or via a group, your user does not appear in the page permission since it needs the first to get to the second?

I'd like to know the answer myself actually :-)

If the answer is yes, it would make sense.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events