Permission problems with Microblog

Hello.

We are facing some problems with microblog and Confluence permissions.

We have created multiple spaces for microblogs. It seems that Space administrators can not delete other peoples posts. You HAVE to be Confluence admin to remove posts made by others.

Are there known workarounds for this?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes

HI Ossi,

I do believe this is a limitation of the plugin that only allows Confluence admins to do these alterations. I recommend to check with the plugin developer if there is some way to change this behavior.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Hello @Ossi Ahosalmi,

Rodrigo is right, we as developer (I am member of the microblog team wink) should figure that out. I have created a new task in our JIRA and we will come back to you on that at the latest when we know which release will contain this enhancement.

Regards
Manuel

Thanks. We'll be waiting.

Thanks Manuel :D

Any update on this? also is there a way to set up permissions so that only the space/page admin can decide and permit posts 

Hi @Jonathan Fortunato,

unfortunately there is no update on that issue, there are many other topics with higher priority in our backlog. Relating to your question: if a user can post or not only depends on the space permissions of that user.

We will not forget your issue. Meanwhile some more customers asked for that so we will definitively do something on that in the near future smile.

Regards, Manuel

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

926 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you