Past dates displaying in red

Sharon Janett February 17, 2019

After the update last week of Confluence Cloud all dates on pages are displaying in orange if today, and red if before today.  Tried deleting and reentering but still changes the date colour automatically.

Is this config or a bug?

Thanks

3 answers

6 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Hello everyone!

This is a known bug at this time, and I have reported it here:

• CONFCLOUD-65700 Past dates are showing up red (late) when not attached to a task

Please vote on the bug if you are experiencing it, and watch for any updates going forward.

Thank you for your attention!

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Lee Sunter February 28, 2019

I agree with everyone points so far, its a poorly thought out change and an obvious one that should have been user acceptance tested surely.

Having to explain to our customers that the red date isn't a bad thing and just a config of Atlassian isn't great.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2019

Lee,

Have you seen my top reply on this thread? The intention of the feature is to only turn red when attached to a task. I've reported it as a bug for turning red outside of a task.

Please make sure to vote on the bug so we can understand how many users are being affected by this:

• CONFCLOUD-65700 Past dates are showing up red (late) when not attached to a task

Thank you!

Shannon

Like Lee Sunter likes this
Lee Sunter February 28, 2019

Done :)

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 1, 2019

Thank you for doing that, Lee!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2019

Hi Sharon,

I am not on the Confluence team, but have reached out to them informally.

I'll let you know if/when I hear back from them.

Marty
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2019

Hi Sharon,

I have some news on this.  It looks like dates inside tasks will change colour based on the current date.  Dates outside tasks will not change colour.

The rationale behind this is that a date inside a task is an action item for someone to complete by a certain date.  It doesn't look like this is new behaviour and it doesn't look configurable.

Can you place your dates outside of a task?

I hope that helps!

Like Jared Vertogen likes this
Jared Vertogen February 18, 2019

Hi Martyn,

I am from the same team Sharon is on, and unfortunately this doesn't work.

Any date using the //date format will show red after the date, or amber if close to the due date.

The problem is that we used to have it red/amber within a task, which works great - a nice easy way to check how due it is.

The problem is that any date outside of a task also seems to run by these same rules now, instead of just staying black and it is really messing with how our Confluence looks.

Regards,

Like # people like this
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 18, 2019

Hi Jared,

that is surprising! 

Would you mind adding some screenshots of what you're seeing?  

Sure thing - As attached. Usually dates outside a task would like the 'Next Month' format - being just black.Amber_Red Date Testing.png

Like Marty likes this
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 18, 2019

Hi Jared,

this doesn't look normal - the double calendar icon within the tasks is not expected either.  

Are you able to raise a support ticket via support.atlassian.com?

Have done so - I'll update this thread if/when I get an answer.

Thanks Martyn

Like # people like this
Nathan Vasquez February 25, 2019

Same happening here. Makes it look like something is overdue when I'm just using regular date to show a project 'start date'.

image.png

Like # people like this
Marty
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2019

Hi Nathan,

I'd recommend that you raise a support ticket via support.atlassian.com.

The more people open support tickets, the higher any bugs will be prioritised (in general).

Jared Vertogen February 25, 2019

I'm still waiting on support with my ticket to Atlassian - but I will update this once done!

Like Marty likes this
Supreet
Atlassian Team
February 26, 2019

Hi Sharon, 

I understand you see different date colors while using the date picker in Confluence. As of now, there are two editors in Confluence: old editor and the new editor.

In the old editor: When you use date picker here, all the overdue dates are chosen as red in color, the due in next week in orange and gray for rest of them. 

In the new editor: When you use date picker here, all the dates no matter past or present are a gray color.

For the gradual rollout of the editor, this is supposed to get all the pages in the near future but, by now, most part of the customers already have the option to create pages with the same, by simply tapping the "+" icon and selecting the Option matching with the new experience, or, the "blank" page will already have the new experience.

If you do not want to proceed with this option, a workaround would be to manually paste the date, instead of using the date picker (for example, 02/25/2019).

Jared Vertogen February 26, 2019

Simply put, is there any way at all to change Confluence back to the way it was?

Every single date across all of our setup is messed up now, which is essentially every single page. It looks appalling, and I for one do not want to have to get rid of the date picker, which is great, just to have dates look correct again.

Will this change back when we have access to the 'new editor' as you stated this will put all dates in grey? 

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events