Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing Data from a Page into Template

Bill June 2, 2017

I have a interesting desire and need, but I'm not sure if it's possible.  I'm going to try to describe the situation and need...let me know if there's any thoughts on how to accomplish this.

1) Sales to Services Hand Off Template -> I have a template build whose job is to collect data about a customer project.  The goal of this template is to pass this information from a sales team to a professional services implementation team.  The sales rep fills this out once a sale is closed.  The "fill fields" are just instructional text...so I haven't built in any variables or anything.  I don't really know how to do that at this point within Confluence, but understand the concept.

2) Customer Info Page Template -> After a sale is made, the Customer Info template is filled out.  This contains all the pertinent customer data as a main customer page within Confluence.  This template is created by a different user than the hand off document.

My desire is to create the Customer Info Page from the initial Sales to Services Hand Off document/page.  So, we'd create the first template and then have a button after that template is published to create the Customer Info page from Template.  I'd like to pass some of the data from the first page into the second page.

Is this possible?  If so, how?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events