Pages too easy to move

Lucy Minato January 18, 2021

I'm finding it a bit too easy to move pages in Confluence. This results in pages being accidently moved to the wrong location (read "I found a page today that had been moved and made a child of another page that it shouldn't have been"!).

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to avoid this?

I think it would be more useful to have to "accept" the move before it happens rather than have the option to "undo" the move after it's happened ... and in any case that's only possible for the time that the "undo" popup stays open. 

1 answer

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

I found this information regarding moving page in-between two spaces.

To move or copy a page into a different space, you also need:

• Delete permission on the space you're moving from.
  • Create permission on the space you're moving or copying to.

If the page has restrictions  and you want to keep the page restrictions in the new location, you'll also need Restrict permission in the space you're moving to. .

Lucy Minato January 21, 2021

Thanks for your answer @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH but that doesn't really help me as it doesn't address my problem. And I'm mainly referring to moving pages within a space.

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Lucy Minato ,

You mean re-ordering pages right.  child page to another right.

Please check the below image and link. which can help about reordering pages.

image.pnghttps://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/move-copy-and-hide-pages/ 

At present there is no feature as ""  "accept" the move before it happens rather than have the option to "undo" the move after it's happened ""

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events