Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages starting with an underscore (_) not opening in Edit mode

Ronnie Kelly January 30, 2018

Hi, at our company we have an on-prem instance of Confluence (version 6.4.3) where we have over a long period of time created page artefacts that are referenced across numerous other pages using the Include macro.  We use an underscore at the beginning of the pagename to identify they are for this type of purpose so something like    _summary or _contact.

We are now moving to the cloud instance and experiencing problems opening a page that begins with an underscore. It allows you to create the page with _ at the beginning and allows content to be added and saved but when you try to edit all you get is a blank screen?

I have noticed if i name the page say _testpage,  the url has striped the underscore out so it read /testpage, not /_testpage.  In ver 6.4.3 the underscore appears in the url.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi Ronnie,

Are you still having an issue with this? I'm testing in the latest version of Confluence Cloud but I am not able to replicate your issue.

Are only the pages that were migrated from Server with an underscore not opening, or even if you create a new one in Cloud does the same occur?

What messages do you see in the Developer Console in your browser when you attempt to open the page?

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events