Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pages not contaning information

Thamsanqa Qofela December 11, 2017

Hi,

We noticed today that some pages are not loading the information that is on them and show blank. Not sure if there were some changes done on your end to affect this, but it needs to be rectified as soon as possible please?

Thank,

Thami.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Hello Thamsanqa,

It is possible the pages are corrupt for some reason.

If you edit the page directly (you can use the URL in this format):

https://YOUR-INSTANCE.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/editpage.action?pageId=21758385

Then can you try to publish it without making changes, or also copy and re-paste the contents of the page into the editor? 

As a moderator I can see the URLs in your original post, and I was able to test the content in affected page and when I re-paste it into a new Confluence page, I am able to load it. So please give that a try. My example uses the initial page ID of the affected page you showed, but if you have more than one page you can try with the page ID of that page, which you can grab from the URL.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

I have tried to edit the page then published it as per your suggestion, which did not fix the black page issue(the content is there when I edit). I have also tried different browsers and networks. What is weird is that the subpages to that page show without issues.

Also, what could corrupt a page, and how would we go about fixing that?

Thanks,

Thami.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2017

Thami,

Sometimes when you copy/paste a lot of content from other pages to make the page, it could corrupt it. 

I was able to replicate the problem myself. My next suggestion would be to create a whole new Confluence page and copy/paste the content and see if that works for you. Something on the page itself seems to be causing the loading issue.

Another option would be to install Source Editor and use it to inspect the code to see if anything has gone wrong in the page.

Question: was the page working prior to a previous version? That might help explain what is causing the page not to load.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

The pages were showing correctly last week. For me to use the Source Editor, the pages needs to show, which is not doing. The page shows the page sub-tree on the left panel and the URL address at the top, but does not show Edit, "Save for later", "Watch" and the like , which is were I assume the Source Editor would show. How can use the Source Editor in that case.

Was there changes done on Confluence recently?

Copying the content of the one of the pages that does show (can only see content when I am in edit mode) and creating a new page with the same content shows without issues. Why would this not break the page as well, if the problem could be the content of the page? I have seen a few more pages that do not show, having to recreate new pages will take for ever and it will also break our pages layout and a possibility of losing content.

I am sure there has to be another way around this? Please advise?

Thami.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
December 11, 2017

Hi Thami,

I created a support request in your name so the Cloud support team can take a deeper look.

As far as whether there have been recent changes, I am not seeing an influx of tickets concerning Confluence Cloud pages that only display in edit mode, so I tend to think it is something specific to your instance. 

When the support request is resolved we can follow up on this thread to let the Community know what happened.

Thanks,

Ann

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 12, 2017

Thank you Thami! I added those examples to your support ticket.

I'll follow along as well so we can see the reason for the change.

Regards,

Shannon

Thamsanqa Qofela December 12, 2017

Hi Shannon,

Is there any feedback on above. It is causing serious issues on our end. Please can we get this sorted soonest? I have more pages that are dong the same, should I share those with you?

Thanks,

Thami.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
December 13, 2017

Hi Thami,

I see you commented on the bug report: Certain Pages in Confluence fail to render/load so you are aware of the cause of the issue now.

I wanted to link the bug here in case anyone else is experiencing the same issue and searches the Community.

Best wishes,

Ann

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2017

Hi Thami,

It looks like they are rolling out the fix now for this issue. Could you confirm with us when you see your pages are loading again?

Thank you!

Regards,

Shannon

Thamsanqa Qofela December 14, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I have started seeing the pages from yesterday. I am VERY much pleased that the issue was resolved! Thanks a lot for your help on this!

Thami.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2017

Woo! Thank you for confirming that with us. Glad it's working. :) 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes

Links removed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events