PageTree not displaying in Documentation Theme

David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2011

I'm using the Documentation Theme for the first time. I've configured the theme for the particular space to display the PageTree, but nothing shows up. I also tried adding some WML in the Navigation section of the Documentation Theme configuration screen, and again, nothing shows up.

The navigation panel is blank... I can control the width of the panel. I've looked through the logs and nothing is jumping out at me.

Any suggestions on things to try?

Dave

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2011

Check that all the plugin modules for the Documentation Theme are enabled. Specifically:

Turning on the Velocity Helper from the plugins administration screen

David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2011

Wouldn't you know it... 9 of 10 modules were enabled. The one not enabled... Velocity Helper. You Nailed it Matt! Everything is working as expected.

Thanks!

Dave

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2011

This is a favourite answer to a number of plugin related problems -- go to the plugin and check that all the modules are enabled. Plugin modules occasionally have a habit of disabling themselves.

Note that for Confluence 4 plugins which are backward compatible with 3.x, the Confluence 4 specific modules will not be enabled for Confluence 3.x.

David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2011

Yeah... sadly I went and looked at the PageTree plugin... not the Documentation Theme. DOH!

3 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2011

Hallo David

The most likely cause is that the pages in your space are not children of the space’s home page

Each space has a single page designated as its “Home” page. The theme constructs the table of contents from all pages that are child pages of the space’s home page. If your pages are at the same level as (i.e. siblings of) the space home page, they will not appear in the left-hand navigation bar.

More background: The theme uses the {pagetree} macro to produce the table of contents on the left. When you use the {pagetree} macro on a page, you can choose the top page to be displayed. The Documentation Theme chooses the space home page as the top page.

The fix: If this is the cause, then there are two ways to fix the problem:

• You can change the designated space home page for the space. You need space administrator permissions. Go to “Space Admin” and select “Edit Space Details”.
  • Or you can drag and drop all your pages to make them children of the current home page. Go to “Browse”, “Pages” and click the “Tree” option.

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Sarah

Martin Geck November 1, 2012

You can change the designated space home page for the space. You need space administrator permissions. Go to “Space Admin” and select “Edit Space Details”.

Fixed my issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events