cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page versions (not) changing for attachments

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Its kind of a "problem" in Confluence that Page versions (and dates) are not affected by changing attachements (upload etc) or changing in a Gliffy... is it possible to create a new Page version each time? 

2 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2014

Hi Normann,

This is the expected behavior of the application. I could test in a new Confluence instance and confirm that attaching files doesn't create a new version.

I have created this improvement to you: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35857

Vote and watch it to increase popularity of the improvement. Also comment in that ticket to check for updates.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2014

Thanx, I was pretty sure it was as designed, and that is fair enough, but I have a customer looking into Confluence (migrating from Sharepoint) that did not like it. So the next point being: is there a 3rd party plugin or something else to "fix" it until it is part of the core feature :-)

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2014

Can you specify the use-case?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events