Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page template with property used in JIRA issues macro

Krzysztof Skrzynecki April 19, 2018

Hi everyone,

In my organisation we're creating a Release note page for every single app's release to present informations what has been fixed when based on info from JIRA (JIRA issues macro is used). Right now, after every release we manually clone previous release page and edit it to adopt for a new one. It would be perfect If I can create a template, so a user will need to define $version property only and then it would be used in JQL qury e.g. like that:

$jqlQuery = "project = ProjectName and fixVersion in ('$version')"

so it could be used by macro like that:

{jiraissues:anonymous=true|jql=$jqlQuery}

Unfortunatelly from what I can see in JIRA issues macro doc I can't just use JQL query as macro property.

I'm using Confluence for over a year, but I never treated it more than a documents aggregator and I would like to understand better what it is capable for.

Edit (19/04/2018)

So I managed to use $version in JQL query directly and defined JIRA issue macro like that:

{jira:project = ProjectName AND version = ('$version')}

but to do it I needed to start typing $version in a new line and after editor defined it as  variable I've wrapped it in {jira:project = ProjectName AND version = ('$version')} , but Confluence won't recognise it as a macro - to do it I need to manually remove "}" at the end of macro definition.

2 answers

2 votes
Ora Zyto June 6, 2019

I have the exact same issue here: I would like to create a Confluence template (or even just a custom macro) using a Jira macro to show a table of issues. The JQL used inside the macro should use a value set by a Confluence template variable. 

I have found several pages that seem related:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Jira-search-JQL-using-variables/qaq-p/22287

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/variable-in-confluence-jql-issues-macro/qaq-p/48346

They give a nice solution, but it only works on Server, and I'm running Confluence / Jira Cloud. 

Has anyone figured out a way to do this in Confluence Cloud?

Shawn May 6, 2021

Having the same issue, did you ever figure this out?

Tom September 30, 2022

Same here, any solution for the cloud environment?

0 votes
Krzysztof Skrzynecki April 20, 2018

Today I have discovered Blueprints templates in Confluence and templates from JIRA section (Status Report Template and Dynamic JIRA Report Template) do exactly what I need! There is the option to edit them, but JIRA macros seem to be represented by variables, e.g. $jiraissuescountmacro variable here:

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 09.56.41.png

Is there any option to edit them? I'll play with Create a blueprint-style report guide - I have a feeling it's what I'm looking for

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events