cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page shows title as "$helper.page.title" and cannot be edited

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

A page shows "$helper.page.title" in its title and cannot be edited.
I see the issue is described here but wanted to know how it is actually caused. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/page-shows-title-as-helper-page-title-and-cannot-be-edited-moved-939924329.html

When a user doesn't enter page name and save/publish, we get error message but how is the page name gets updated to "$helper.page.title" without manual intervention ?

2 answers

1 vote
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2018

It doesnot allow to publish without a name, but for some  unknown reason, the saved page title was changed to "$helper.page.title"

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Confluence shouldn't allow the page to be saved without a title. You can only create a draft, that will be named as "Untitled".

If Confluence is letting users save pages without titles, then that should be investigated.

We wonder if Confluence is allowing you right now to publish pages without titles.

Christian Bär August 27, 2020

Well Guilherme,
you are right. That should be investigated and I think ist was.

This error is known since 2010:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-20335

But someone decided to do nothing.
Okay, someone (else ?) decided to write a kb article at least:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/browser-title-shows-docthemehelper-instead-of-the-page-title-296096938.html

Seriously, many Users can not believe that such a thing can't be fixed in 10 years by a company having that amount of resources. 

But I'm thankful, that there are at least some supporters writing such kb articles. They might be as frustrated as I'm that it is not fixed instead.

Cheers,
Christian 

David September 24, 2020

Hi Christian,

I have the same issue as mentioned above. Thanks for pointing to the KB article but if I remember correctly, the Documentation Theme is no longer supported since v6.

We are on 6.15.10 (soon going to 7.4.x) and I cannot find that theme anymore (I probably removed it). Is there a location to download it so I can try this on our test instance?

Thanks,

David

Christian Bär September 24, 2020

Hello David,

did you then try the article mentioned in the first place from Rilwan?

Cheers, Christian

David September 24, 2020

I will tonight after business hours

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events