Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page sections are rendering out of order

Miguel Ángel García Gómez October 16, 2017

Hello all,

I have a problem with the page sections. This sections are rendering out of order. Anyone knows what would be happening? Probably a reindex would solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Miguel

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2017

Hi Miguel,

I am not sure whether you are on Confluence Cloud or Server so I am including some suggestions that may only apply to Server.

Reindexing fixes search and related functionality, as it says in Content Index Administration:

The content index, also called the search index, supports Confluence's search functionality. It is also used for a number of related functions such as building email threads in the mail archive, the space activity feature, and lists of recently-updated content.

If I understand correctly, your layout is not rendering as expected.

Alternate browser

If you have not tried to view the page with a different browser, please do, and let us know if it is any different.

Screen Shot

Please post a screen shot of how the sections render out of order, and let us know how they are expected to render (if it isn't obvious).

Storage Format

The editor here on the forum has a format for "code block". If you could paste the storage format for the page into a post that would allow me to reproduce your page locally. To get the storage format:

1. Click on the ellipsis (…) in the top right-hand corner of the problem page and select View Storage Format from the dropdown.  
  2. Copy the storage format and paste it in a code block on this forum.

Try without Customizations

Please check the Look and Feel section under Space Tools and also Look and Feel in the Confluence Admin console to see if any customizations are being applied. If they are, try temporarily removing them and see if the page renders as expected

Plugin safe mode

As this will disable any macros provided by user installed plugins this step should only be taken after hours or during a maintenance window.

To eliminate any user installed plugins as the cause, please go to Confluence Admin>Manage Add-ons and click the enable safe mode link. Then check whether the sections are displayed as expected.

I look forward to hearing what you find and examining the storage format and screen shot.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events