Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page properties macro problem

Rumceisz August 12, 2014

Hi All,

the Page properties macro is a great feature that enables excellent reporting.

We created a reporting template with more than 30 lines need to be filled by users. The page template has Page prpoerties macro on it and it feeds a reporting page that has Page properties report macro on it.

We want to make a better layout and splitted our table into 2 tables and put into 2 columns macro. So the user can fill the table in one view and doesn't need to scroll down to the 30th row.

The problem is that the Page properties macro doesn't recognize the 2nd table and doesn't provide the info to the Page properties report table.

Is there a way to make a better layout?

I mean having a 30+ row table is not so ergonomic to fill...

Thanks,

Rumi

1 answer

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

This should work for you. Don't give either page properties macro an id. Give the page a label. Then on the report page setthe report maco to look for the label you entered and leave the field blank that asks for the Page propertied ID

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Does this work for you?

Rumceisz August 17, 2014

Hi Davin,

thank you for your hints!

I did axactly the same you suggested and it didn't work: the row for this particular report is empty in the reporting page.

Let me ask your version of Confluence. We have 5.4.3

I see that your "Page properties report" macro edit panel has a "Page properties ID (optional)" field which we don't have.

Rumceisz August 17, 2014

Now it shows but only the right column. So only the 5,6,7,8 columns.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

Hmmm. I'm on 5.4.4. Maybe that is the difference.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

It looks like it was fixed in 5.4.4. According to CONF-32152.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events