Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not found - but it shows in the side bar

Robert Tietze April 11, 2018

Recently I noticed that we have a few sites which are not accessible anymore, it always shows the 404 message. These sites were heavily used befor and now nobody can view them anymore. Any ideas suggestions what could be wrong?

3 answers

0 votes

For some reason the page appeared now again. Problem now is, that all attachments are unknown.

When I checked in the site history the last user edit (two weeks ago) was deleting all pictures and adding the "new" ones. Somebody any thoughts on this?

confl-bug1-404.PNG

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

are you able to restore the old version of the page (before the change two weeks ago) via page history?

It took a while, but it seems to be back to normal again.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2018

That's good. Maybe there was some kind of indexing problem and reindexing was triggered by opening the page. I hope, this was a one-time problem.

me too ;)

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2018

Hi Robert, 

have a look at the recycle bin of your space, maybe you can find them there.

What is the url of the 404 page? If you see a pageID there, you can try to edit the page.

Change 

<confluence-url>/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=123456

to 

<confluence-url>/pages/editpage.action?pageId=123456

Hi @Thomas Schlegel,

I just tried to enter your first suggestion viewpage.action with the page-id and now I have a flickering confluence logo :(

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2018

what do you mean by "flickering confluence logo"?

confl-bug-404.PNG

the yellow marked logo keeps on flickering and loading, but nothing happens

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2018

ok, what happens, if you try:

https://<your-confluence-url>.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/<space-key>/pages/edit/12320769

this worked

0 votes
Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

hi @Robert Tietze

It might be a permission issue as mentioned in answered similar community question.

you may want to verify for the page restrictions. 

hope this helps :-) 

I checked that already, thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events