It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Page editing blocked in confluence

We can't edit a page in confluence since the new page template was introduced. We have had trouble when creating new pages and problems where some users create and others cant edit. There have been no changes to permissions.

The server version calls for a reset of synchronicity but i see no equivalent in the cloud. Any advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Mar 19, 2020

Hello, @Paul_Burke ! Reading your question, I am not quite sure what is the precise issue at hand, Paul. With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions to improve clarity. Here we go:

1. Is this affecting all instance users?
  2. Is this behavior present when editing one page specifically?
  3. Is this happening when users try to create new pages?
  4. Is there any on-screen error?
  5. Would it be possible for you to share a screenshot with us?

Just be careful with the screenshot. Try not to disclose any sensitive information with it. The community is an open space and everyone can see everything.

Also, if you feel like changing the editor is a preferable solution. Take a look at this blogpost by Atlassian:

The old editor is not going away any time soon and you should be able to use or re-activate it.

I hope this helps us to find a solution to your issue, Paul! Looking forward to your reply.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,466 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you