Page Tree (sidebar) missing on Home Page after changing Space's Home Page

I created a new Space and deleted the default "Home page", then I created a new page called "About" which I have set as the home page for the space.

However, the page tree in the sidebar is not working when I visit that page now. It just says "Get started by adding some pages to this space".

It works on every other page in the space, but not on the home page. I've checked the "Configure Sidebar" settings and it is definitely ticked. I've tried unsetting and home page and setting it again. I tried deleting the page and creating a new one again.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

It's the page tree in the sidebar, not a macro I've added to a page.

Thanks.

Confluence Version5.10.8
Build Number6441

1 answer

The sidebar pagetree is automatically generated IF the current page has child pages. I suspect that when you created a new home page you neglected to move all the other pages to be under the new home page.

1. Go to Pages --> Browse and reorder all pages
  2. Click and drag to place the pre-existing pages as children of the new home page

Thanks, that seems to have worked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

89 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you