Page Status as a condition for automation purposes

Andreas Schmidt January 12, 2023

Howdy,

I want to create automation rules that trigger based on a page status value. Are there any references for page status as a condition?

There already is a trigger for the page status. But if I want to combine that with a cron trigger...

Cheers

2 answers

1 vote
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2023

@Andreas Schmidt 

Depending on the automation action you want to trigger, I recommend looking into the dedicated Confluence content lifecycle management app Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud. In the past 15 years, the app has been the go-to tool for Data Center and Server Confluence users for automatic page status classification, content owner notifications, content review workflows, and automatic archiving. Now it's available for Confluence Cloud as well!

confluence-cloud-content-status-overview.png

Anyone who is interested in a dedicated app to manage the content lifecycle for Confluence (that also scales for large teams' requirements) instead of navigating automation rules is welcome to try Better Content Archiving for Confluence Cloud!

Learn more about the app and watch the tutorial video here!

(Please note that I'm part of the team developing Better Content Archiving for Confluence.)

1 vote
Gideon Nolte [Jodocus]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2023

Hi @Andreas Schmidt

this one gave me headaches.

From what I see, it seems like the content or page smartValues are not loaded with data inside a branch rule - don't ask me why...

Generally speaking, {{content.status}} should provide you with the status name for a page and whilst it does so in the first level of a rule (no branch), it is not working inside the branch rule.

Long story short: {{content.status}} inside an advanced compare condition should do the job - due to whatever reasons it does not.

I checked with different branching approaches (cql and the page one) but both seem to not work properly for that matter.

Furthermore, I checked with another trigger to proof my suspicion: When using {{content}} inside a branch rule with a trigger that sets {{content}} (e.g. Comment added) - the {{content}} smart value inside the branch will remain the one from the trigger. 

From my point of view, this is a bug. I will go ahead and contact the A4C product team about this and let you know if there are any updates.

Greetings
Gideon 

Andreas Schmidt January 19, 2023

Hi Gideon,

Thanks for the reply. It confirms issues I had with {{content.status}}. 

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events