Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Restrictions questions (4.3.7)

Kevin Murphy April 10, 2013

Hi There,

I have what I hope is a simple question but I can't seem to get this working for the life of me. I have a user who does not belong to any group that has edit rights to the space in question. However there is a page (and it's sub-pages) that I would like this user to have Edit rights to.

He can view the page and I added him to the "Editing Restricted to" group for the page via Tools >> Restrictions but when I log into his account I cannot edit the page. Any idea what am I doing (or am not doing) wrong here?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Hi Kevin,

It seems that there is a misunderstanding. Confluence permission works in tier scheme, in order for the users to be able to edit the page, it is necessary to have space level permission.

Page restriction means that the process is restricted to a specific users or groups. For example, as of now the edit process is restricted to the problematic user and other users and groups included on your page restriction configuration. However, as the user does not have edit permission, it is unable to edit the page.

Does that make sense to you, it is quite hard to explain in words :( sorry for that. Let me know if you have any doubts. I would be more than happy to clarify it for you.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Kevin Murphy May 8, 2013

Yep, that was it. Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events