Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Restriction inherit not work as expected

me March 29, 2022

Hi

I create "parent page" then set edit restriction on it. and set only "user1" able to edit this page. everyone can view.

then create "child page" as expected it should inherit restriction from "parent page" but NOT!

---parent page (edit restriction apply on this page, ONLY "user1" able to edit this page)

--------parent page (it show inherit form parent but EVERYONE able to edit this page!)

FYI: I follow this instruction but problem still remain!

Any idea?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Dixit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 29, 2022

Hello,

Yeah, only the View restrictions are inherited and not the edit restrictions. You have to individually set the edit restrictions on the child page.

For more information on the page restrictions - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

me March 29, 2022

@Ravi Dixit so how can I apply edit restriction to child page? (once not one by one)

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

Hi

The same page you referenced mentions https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-5095

And that is a very controversial ticket that is closed, but it confirms that EDIT permissions are not inherited and will not be

Alex

me March 29, 2022

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ so how can I apply edit restriction to child page? (once not one by one)

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 29, 2022

You see, you think this does not work as expected... I dont say it does, but this is the reality and is by design. I really suggest to look at the discussions in the mentioned ticket. There are very valid points on both sides.

And yes, you will need to set the edit permissions on each page individually, as far as I know. @Ravi Dixit from Atlassian team may know the alternative, but I dont think this is possible without an extra plugin or something

Like me likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events