Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Page Restriction inherit not work as expected

Edited

Hi

I create "parent page" then set edit restriction on it. and set only "user1" able to edit this page. everyone can view.

then create "child page" as expected it should inherit restriction from "parent page" but NOT!

---parent page (edit restriction apply on this page, ONLY "user1" able to edit this page)

--------parent page (it show inherit form parent but EVERYONE able to edit this page!)

FYI: I follow this instruction but problem still remain!

Any idea?

Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Dixit Atlassian Team Mar 29, 2022

Hello,

Yeah, only the View restrictions are inherited and not the edit restrictions. You have to individually set the edit restrictions on the child page.

For more information on the page restrictions - https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

@Ravi Dixit so how can I apply edit restriction to child page? (once not one by one)

Hi

The same page you referenced mentions https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-5095

And that is a very controversial ticket that is closed, but it confirms that EDIT permissions are not inherited and will not be

Alex

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ so how can I apply edit restriction to child page? (once not one by one)

You see, you think this does not work as expected... I dont say it does, but this is the reality and is by design. I really suggest to look at the discussions in the mentioned ticket. There are very valid points on both sides.

And yes, you will need to set the edit permissions on each page individually, as far as I know. @Ravi Dixit from Atlassian team may know the alternative, but I dont think this is possible without an extra plugin or something

Like me likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

77 views 0 0
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you