Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties report macro columns becoming unwrapped

Elwood Hamilton December 17, 2015

When inserting page properties report macros on a page, text in the reported table columns is not wrapping, stretching the table quite a bit horizontally. This will be difficult to export as a printed document.

When looking at the page in preview mode, however, the text is wrapping. But after saving, columns become unwrapped. Any ideas?  

3 answers

0 votes
Elwood Hamilton December 30, 2015

We're running 5.8.15. What's interesting is that sometimes the 'Preview' mode will show the column text as wrapped, but after the page is saved it becomes unwrapped.

I initially discovered this phenomenon after I was working with a page with this macro on it. The text in the columns was wrapped. I made a few changes to the page, however none of them impacted my page properties macro; they were in different paragraphs on different parts of the page. Upon saving, the columns became unwrapped in the macro. 

It's possible it's related to the page itself bugging out or being corrupted in some kind.

Here was my test: after the column text became unwrapped as I described above, I took the page properties macro,  copied it and pasted it on a NEW page. The text was back to being wrapped. Fixed. 

But then I went back to my original document, created a new section, and copied the macro into this new section (thinking it was related to formatting or something), and the unwrapped text remained.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2015

Hi Elwood,

Is this happening in the latest versions of Confluence? I wasn't able to replicate. Would be possible to share the exact steps to replicate and the version of Confluence?

Also, let us know if this happened in older versions since it might be a new bug.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

Screenshot please :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events