Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Report including a sub Page Properties Report has stopped working

James Spottiswoode August 5, 2020

I have set up two level of pages with Page Properties on each, with one of the top level page properties being a Page Properties Report of the related lower level pages.  So the end result, when looking at a Page Properties Report of the top level pages, was to show an 'embedded' Page Properties Report as one of the columns.

This was working really well, giving us excellent 'roll up summary' functionality, but as of today, it has stopped working.  Any idea as to why?

I have played around and can still embed other macros in Page Properties and they show in the Page Properties Report.

I have also tried recreating each level from scratch as a simple case, to see if I had broken it with some property change, but it still doesn't work, even in that simple use case.

PagePropRepBug1.pngPagePropRepBug2.pngPagePropRepBug3.png

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hello @James Spottiswoode !

As I understand, a “double nested” Page Properties Report Macro is not rendered as expected.

By double nested, I mean a Page Properties Macro that has another Page Properties macro inside it.

I was able to nest a single Page Properties Report macro within another Page Properties macro. Here is what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.59.02.png

When I try to show the Page Properties macro that contains the Page Properties Report macro, the behavior you described is present:

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.59.20.png

Looking at the macro documentation it is not disclaimed if the nesting of Page Properties Report is present:

Currently, we do have a standing report that aims at the problems with Macro Nesting:

I have also raised this request a couple of months ago:

Currently, there is no guarantee that the nesting of macros works and if it works, how many levels of nesting are available.

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events