Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Report Does Show Pages When Using Group Restrictions

Werner Anders November 6, 2019

This issue only started to happen yesterday (Nov 5th, 2019).

I have a parent page with viewing and editing restricted.  There are several child pages underneath the parent which are properly inheriting the restrictions from the parent page.  Editing and Viewing access is granted via confluence groups.

Users within these groups can correctly see the parent page and they can see the children pages via the Left Hand Navigation.  However, when they open the parent page, they get "no content found" in the Page Properties Report widget or the DetailsSummary widget.

If I add the user's name explicitly to the parent page restrictions, then they can see a list of the child pages within the DetailsSummary widget on the parent page.

Therefore, I know the DetailsSummary widget is working correctly as far as the labels and filters.

This appears to be an issue with how page view restrictions are working when using groups.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Werner Anders November 11, 2019

Turns out this is a bug.  A new ticket has been created with the support team to address it.  The issue has to do with uppercase letters within group names.  If you change the group name to be all lowercase letters than it works as expected.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68424

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events