Page Properties Macro Sorting Discrepancies

Emma December 9, 2021

When using the Page Properties Macro, some macros will allow a user to use the sort arrows to sort by any column on the published page even when a default "Sort by" is set. However, in other page property reports on other pages, the report only sorts by the "Sort by" and the sort arrows on the other columns are unusable. Could someone please explain the expected functionality of the Sort by and sort arrows features in the page properties report macro? Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
e.gates December 23, 2021

Hello, did you find a solution to this issue? I have been experiencing the same problems. Thanks!

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

Hi @Emma 

I can't reproduce the issue. 

Can you explain exactly, what you did in the case, where it is not working? Perhaps provide a screenshot from the not sortable table.

Thanks

Regards, Dominic

Emma December 10, 2021

Hi Dominic!

Sure thing, 

This page properties report allows you to sort by all columns on the published page:

Sortable Macro SS1.pngSortable Macro SS2.png

Emma December 10, 2021

This page properties report does not allow you to sort by any column on the published page:

Unsortable Macro SS1.pngUnsortable Macro SS2.png

Emma December 10, 2021

I have only been able to find one example in our instance so far of the macro being sortable by every column when published, so didn't know if that was expected behavior. Appreciate any help, thank you!

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2021

Hi @Emma 

In the 2nd screenshot the "Sort by" field is grey and you can not edit it? Is that the problem? 

This is a really strange behaviour. Did you try to create a new "page properties macro" with the same settings? 

Regards, Dominic

Emma December 13, 2021

Hi Dominic,

It's greyed out because my cursor was over it during the screenshot, but it is editable.

I have created a new macro with the same settings. When I used it for the label "portal_pi17", it allows me to click the sort arrows to sort by all columns on the published page. When I used it for the label "sf_pi17" it did not allow me to sort using the sort arrows on the published page even with the same settings. It's very strange. Is it expected that you should be able to sort by any of the columns on the published page?

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2021

This is so strange, I have absolutely no idea why you have this behaviour...

Please contact the atlassian support. 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ 

Regards, Dominic

Emma December 13, 2021

Will do, thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events