cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Properties Macro Does not Appear in Macros List

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

I am running Confluence 5.7.4 and I'm attempting to use the Page Properties macro.

Based on the documentation, this appears to be a built-in macro available for my version of Confluence. However, I do not see this in our available macro list. Oddly, I do see the Page Properties Report macro in the list, which is supposed to work along side of Page Properties.

The documentation mentions the following:

This macro was previously known as the Metadata Details macro.

When I search our available macros, I see the Metadata Details macro. After inserting this onto a page, the behavior is what I expect working in conjunction with the Page Properties Report macro.

I'm curious if this is just a naming convention that never transitioned as I updated to newer versions of Confluence that, in the end, is innocuous or a sign of something else.

Even though everything appears to be working fine as-is now, my concern is when I decide to upgrade to 5.8, will this macro discrepancy cause problems? If users begin inserting the Metadata Details macro into their pages and using it with the Page Properties Report macro, will this break if the macro all of sudden changes?

I realize I could test this by updating my test server to 5.8, but before I attempt that I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on this.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2015

Hey there,

We're still having the same issue on 5.8.X  if you have installed the Metadata plugin, as you can check in this bug report https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39565

Cheers,

Stephen Gurnick
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2015

Yes - I worked with Atlassian support on this issue and we came to the same conclusion. Thank you for following-up on my questions though. -- Stephen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events