Page Properties Macro Does not Appear in Macros List

I am running Confluence 5.7.4 and I'm attempting to use the Page Properties macro.

Based on the documentation, this appears to be a built-in macro available for my version of Confluence. However, I do not see this in our available macro list. Oddly, I do see the Page Properties Report macro in the list, which is supposed to work along side of Page Properties.

The documentation mentions the following:

This macro was previously known as the Metadata Details macro.

When I search our available macros, I see the Metadata Details macro. After inserting this onto a page, the behavior is what I expect working in conjunction with the Page Properties Report macro.

I'm curious if this is just a naming convention that never transitioned as I updated to newer versions of Confluence that, in the end, is innocuous or a sign of something else.

Even though everything appears to be working fine as-is now, my concern is when I decide to upgrade to 5.8, will this macro discrepancy cause problems? If users begin inserting the Metadata Details macro into their pages and using it with the Page Properties Report macro, will this break if the macro all of sudden changes?

I realize I could test this by updating my test server to 5.8, but before I attempt that I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on this.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

0 vote

Hey there,

We're still having the same issue on 5.8.X  if you have installed the Metadata plugin, as you can check in this bug report https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-39565

Cheers,

Yes - I worked with Atlassian support on this issue and we came to the same conclusion. Thank you for following-up on my questions though. -- Stephen

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

621 views 21 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you