Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Ownership & Auditing

Aaron Breen July 16, 2021

I'm currently migrating our old "knowledgebase" from a bunch of documents into Confluence. The old system we just had the person/persons who owned the guide/content/process/whatever written at the end.

Now I want to improve on the old system and implement some sort of auditing process where aged pages (3+ months without being edited) show up in a list to be audited for accuracy and relevance.

Now, from what I understand there's no simple way to transfer page ownership without going into the backend (as I own every page), but that doesn't fully solve my issue anyway in that many pages will have 2+ owners.

I'm currently just putting a guide owner section on each page with the "User Profiles" macro which includes name, mobile, email. This is nice from a end user perspective, but I can't seem to search for the persons name or the internal user ID # in a CQL search based on the macro.

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but does someone have any idea on either how to search within the macro, or another solution for what I want?

1 answer

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2021

@Aaron Breen 

• CQL will definitely list all the pages with the criteria you specify in your search 
  • A Script will do a more powerful job. Do you use any plugins for scripting?

Best,

Fadoua

Aaron Breen July 17, 2021

The CQL script doesn't appear to search for text within macros. So i'll have the User Profiles macro with user id abc123 which when viewing the page resolves as John Rambo. But when doing a CQL search for pages with John Rambo as text, it doesn't show results.

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/advanced-searching-using-cql/#text

I have kind of resigned myself to changing up how I do the entire "Page Ownership" that I'm after.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events