Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Not Found after login

Menso Heus April 24, 2014

When we log in we get the error "The requested URL //index.action was not found on this server." This seems be because when you going to the wiki you are forwarded to "..../"login.action?os_destination=%252Findex.action"

There is a support ticket on the subject of which the solution doesn't work. The web.xml already has the entry "<welcome-file>index.action</welcome-file>".
(https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Page+Not+Found+After+Log+In+to+Confluence+because+of+Missing+index.action+Line+in+web.xml)

So how do I change this? Is there anywhere else I can change the initial destination and remove the %252F part?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2014

Hi Roelof,

I believe that "%252F" is double encoded of "/" and "%2F" is single encoded of "/". The last segment of the URL has an additional slash which does not exist:

os_destination=%252Findex.action

Usually this issue occurs when Confluence sits behind an Apache httpd server. There is a bug report regarding the additional slash in apache web site as wll.

I would like to recommend you to take a look at our KB for the resolution of this problem.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Cheers,

Saleh

1 vote
Menso Heus April 27, 2014

Yes! Adding NE (no URI escaping) to the RewriteRule fixed the problem!

Thanks!

salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

You are most welcome!

GermanALeman May 7, 2015

Hi, I have the same problem but when I hit URL browser just hangs spinning wheel then I hit reload and it works after that. Running Confluence behind Tomcat no Apache. Thanks!

Like Krystian Mularczyk likes this
Krystian Mularczyk May 23, 2019

Is there any solution for Tomcat?

0 votes
Menso Heus April 24, 2014

I would almost say: Well, duh. But I checked it anyway and no, there is no extra character there.

What I did notice, is that it is not the only line in the 'welcome' section. The section in full is

<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.action</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2014

Check if you don't have invisible character in front of index.action. Try moving cursor with arrow keys, if it takes 2 clicks to move, then you have it and you should delete it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events