Page Index - Using !@#$

Mark Thornhill September 8, 2017

In Confluence it does not look like you can 'hide' pages when using Page Index.

But there is along with the A-Z headers, a !@#$ header, which is where I thought I could put pages I don't want in the main A-Z index.

I assumed using a subject such as '@ This Document' would add the page to this index, but it doesn't.

Anyone know how I can use this?

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

I tested in Confluence Cloud and Confluence 6.4 and it seems to work as you describe - the page that starts with an @ character does not show under !@#$ on the page index macro. I agree that it seems like it should. I tried reindexing and it still did not show under that heading as expected.

While I look into it further, please let me know what version of Confluence server you are using or if you are using Confluence Cloud. 

Mark Thornhill September 11, 2017

We're currently using 5.10.3 server version.

I also noticed that a page starting with @, disappears from the A-Z index, as though it should be under the header !@#$, but cannot display.

I have tried !@#$ to start subject header and none of them work.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2017

Thanks for investigating. I saw the same behavior when I renamed a page to start with one of those characters: !@#$

I wnet ahead and opened a bug for server, which I encourage you to vote for/comment on: Page index macro does not display pages that start with !@#$ under !@#$ heading

By voting and commenting you can influence the dev team directly and you will also be added to notifications on the ticket.

I opened one for Confluence Cloud as well; am posting that in case any Cloud users stumble upon our conversation: Page index macro does not display pages that start with !@#$ under !@#$ heading

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events