Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page History, not showing removed sections

Roberto Rossetti March 16, 2021

In the example above, I have completely deleted the first paragraph (title included) and the last paragraph (title excluded). The page history is showing dots rather than the removed paragraph.  

I found out this is occurring quite regularly lately, which makes the use of history changes less trustful.

As anybody experienced the same? Is there a reason why this happen? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

image.png

2 answers

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2021

Hi Roberto,

I see you attempted to raise a ticket per @Fadoua's recommendation, but unfortunately, you need to be a product or site admin to submit a support ticket.

I'm happy to help you from this end. If we have to raise a bug ticket, I can help do that for you.

You mentioned that you're removing sections. I suspect you have text in a section, and you select the section and delete it, text and all. If you were to remove the text and leave the section, does the page history show the deleted text? I assume the problem only occurs if you delete the section and text in one action. Can you confirm that?

Thank you,

Shannon

Roberto Rossetti March 18, 2021

Hi Shannon, thanks for your help It would be great if you could raise a bug ticket for me.

For sections, I mean a title and a paragraph in plain text, one single plain column layout. I am not sure when it occurs as this is not the first time this happens but in the provided example, it occurred when removing the last paragraph and keeping the title.

So this is how I get to the attached screenshot:

• Create a page with some heading and paragraphs (e.g. 3 of them)
  • Publish it
  • Edit again and remove the first paragraph and last paragraph (leave the title on the last one)
  • Publish again
  • Compare history and notice that the last removed paragraph at the end will not show being deleted but shows only 3 dots.
1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

@Roberto Rossetti 

Please report it to Atlassian as this could be a glitch they are not aware of.

Click here then submit your support ticket.

Best,
Fadoua 

Roberto Rossetti March 16, 2021

Thanks, will do

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events