Page Breaks and Page Headers

I am building a template - a very long template.  Is there a way to create a multi-line, table format page header and also insert page breaks so that when Wiki page is created, it starts a new page where I want it to and it has the same header information at the top of each page.

I do not want to export to PDF from Wiki. I will want to print the Wiki page itself directly to a printer. Thanks.

2 answers

Loretta,

Please see the responses at page breaks in pdf's for a similar situation.

Cheers!

That is a tricky question because there are a few things that can be mixed up easily.

With confluence you can customize the appearance of your PDFs. These customisations include e.g. headers, automatic page breaks and more.

BUT this only applies to PDF generation, and this is not the same thing as printing the wiki page. When you print out the wiki page all these customisations won't have no effect at all. 

In other words:
You can create a template that will create a wiki page that will have all you want when exported to PDF. But if you just print it out it won't have any of that, no headers, no page breaks, no nothing. The print out of your wiki page will look like the normal standard print preview from your browser.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

71 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you