PDF viewer app does not display whole page

Nicholas Wade April 14, 2022

So I create a PDF document and use the PDF viewer app to view it in Confluence Cloud but the image is not shown completely - part of the image needs to be scrolled to view. Is there any workaround to enable a complete page view of a PDF document? Example below showing cut-off bottom portion of pdf filepdf example.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2022

@Nicholas Wade are you just using the standard PDF export from Confluence?  Is the image scrollable in Confluence or is it full size.

Nicholas Wade April 25, 2022

Hi, we’re talking about viewing in Confluence, nothing to do with exporting. Using the PDF viewer app the page is displayed as a small area which can be magnified to display part of the PDF file, but it does not display the whole of the PDF page (A4) or anything near it.

I note also that there are 2 ways to import pdf files, and each produces a different end result.

As you can see from the screen grab, the image is small on the page when importing with /pdf app:

4.PNG
  But when you view the page it does not show the whole of the document - just a kind of windowed view - forcing you to scroll the page or reduce the view size:

5.PNG

Importing by selecting a file option from the main tool bar gives a small pdf icon on the page, this then expands upon clicking to the width of the screen. I want to zoom to fit page which it says it does but it does not.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events