Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF export does not export the whole page structure

Erik Berta June 23, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to export all the content in my space in Confluence as a PDF.
But when I do so, whole pages in several sections are missing in the final PDF output. I see the missing pages only in a table of contents in the exported PDF, but without the page numbers.

I can only export the missing pages one by one individually as a pdf, but not as part of the whole PDF.

Thank you in advance for your answers!
Cheers!

Screenshot

4 answers

1 vote
Erik Berta June 24, 2014

Do you have any other suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

Erik

0 votes
Patrick du Boucher October 11, 2018

I`m having the same problem. As Confluence Admin I`m trying to export a complete space to PDF and the result is missing entire subsections. I can view those pages in the space in Confluence, but the PDF eport does not have them. 

There are some restrictions on some of the pages, but the restrictions apply to other users. My Admin user has view and edit on all the pages. 

My admin user has no explicit Export permission within this space at all. However, since I`m able to export some of the space, and not none I`m assuming this is not required.

0 votes
Erik Berta June 23, 2014

I checked the permissions on the particular pages and there is no problem, they are just the same as on the working ones.

I also checked the logfile with the admin and there seems to be nothing regarding this problem.

The last thing we tried was the upgrade, but that did not solve anything, it behaves as before.

Do you have any other idea, what could be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Erik

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2014

Hi Erik,

Did you check the permissions on the page, maybe you don't have view permissions?

Did you check your logfile for possible errors?

Best regards,

Peter

Erik Berta June 23, 2014

I checked the permissions on the particular pages and there is no problem, they are just the same as on the working ones.

I also checked the logfile with the admin and there seems to be nothing regarding this problem.

The last thing we tried was the upgrade, but that did not solve anything, it behaves as before.

Do you have any other idea, what could be causing this problem?

Thanks!

Erik

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2014

Are you using stylesheets for your pdf export?

There might be a problem there?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF

Best regards,

Peter

Erik Berta June 23, 2014

I was using them, but there seems to be no problem.

I tried to export it without them and it looks just the same, pages are still missing.

Thanks.

Erik

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events