PDF Search inside a confluence page exists?!

LudOwandErlust August 30, 2017

Hello,

from a confluence page,

when I attach a pdf file and open it in any browsers

the document is displayed correctly.

The problem is that there's no search function (or even the popular shortcut command CTRL+F) does not exist.

Thanks already

Cheers
L

4 answers

1 vote
James McLean May 4, 2018

Not working for me on MacOS.  Not in either Firefox or Chrome.  Any help?

If there were any way to access this functionality besides a keystroke, I could at least confirm whether the feature is missing, or whether I am just having difficulty accessing it.

Just checked: not working in Windows either. Did something change?

0 votes
Thomas Hayde August 2, 2019

I cannot search a PDF previewed in browser aswell which makes our usecase laborious (tested chrome and firefox). It is quite awkward to find something via confluence search within a pdf > but then having to preview it > then download it (or open in new tab) to > search within the document (again).

vote: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-40333?_ga=2.148017591.1615391209.1564674789-1700414533.1560851559

0 votes
Menno Manheim July 18, 2018

Also trying to search while viewing an attached PDF document. Ctrl+F does not work, at least not in Google Chrome, and there is no magnifier class to click on. Having to download is a bit stupid, don't you think?

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

Hi,

which Browser do you use? In Chrome, CTRL+F is working fine with the displayed PDF.

LudOwandErlust August 30, 2017

Hi Thomas, 

yep it works to me as well.

I noticed that it was a keyboard's keystroke problem.

Sorry for that!

Thx u 

Ludo

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2017

No problem, you're welcome  :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events