PDF Export not honoring html macro?

My document includes a numbered list interrupted with graphics. To get the proper numbering on the steps, I used the html macro to force the correct number. For example:

<ol start='6'>
<li>Do this. 
</ol>

The wiki page is very happy with all the correct numbers in place. However, when I export to PDF these
list items are all numbered 1.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there something else I can do to make it work?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Response from Atlassian Support:

Hello Sally,

Thanks for waiting. I was able to replicate the behavior here and thus, I've opened a bug report for you: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-25634

Seems
the issue is only caused by the HTML macro, so I replicated using a standard content to show the devs how to replicate the issue too.

I suggest to vote and watch the bug report for further updates. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

0 votes
Joe Clark Atlassian Team Jun 06, 2012

The HTML "start" attribute on the OL element is deprecated - see http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/lists.html#adef-start

Instead, you could try using the "counter-reset" CSS Style - see http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/generate.html#propdef-counter-reset

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

101 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you