Our confluence instant goes down or becomes unavailable around 4PM - 5PM CST

Vinod Honnalli April 11, 2016

Hi Team,

Our confluence application becomes unavailable (error Service unavailable or error 500).

We have faced the issue multiple time in last week which is impacting the business.

We restarted the confluence service to bring up the application.

We tried to find the root cause but no luck. Please consider the issues as priority and help us to resolve the issue.

We have attached the support log, let us know if you need any more information.

Please contact me @Vinod Honnalli (+91-9844086794) for any clarification.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2016

Hey Vinod!

My first thought, since this occurs around the same time every day, is a backup process that's locking the DB.  I've definitely run into that before.

I did take a quick peek at your logs, and I am seeing quite a few deadlocks:

Troubleshooting Deadlocks

Also, it looks like you're running this instance on Windows.  Make sure that any anti-virus scanners are set to ignore the directories in this article:

Confluence - Impact of Antivirus Software

Good luck!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2016

What does your log file say around the time it is becoming unavailable?  What is the server doing at that time?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events