Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Orphaned' personal spaces after the LDAP user has been removed

Paul Paul October 26, 2011

I have a problem with personal spaces being left in Confluence after a user has been removed from the network. Authentication and users via LDAP. I had assumed that when a user is removed from the LDAP source I would still get to delete the user from Confluence and this would therefore remove the personal space. Recently I am finding that the user no longer exists in Confluence and yet the space is still present - when I am informed they are removed from Active Directory I find there is no user record in Confluence at all. Has anyone else seen this problem?

One oddity I find is that the pages from the Space have already been deleted - would this somehow break the link between space and user if no authored content remained?

3 answers

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

If you're having trouble with Orphaned Pages, you can remove them or "give them" to another user (as creator):

Check this KB more more info about it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Managing+Orphaned+Pages

Cheers!

0 votes
Steve Rhodes
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2016

We are 5 years down the line and I have this exact problem in Confluence 5.10. User is gone from LDAP but his personal space is still there. User not in the People Directory anymore, but personal space and all pages still available. The permissions on the space are the default from when the personal space was created.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2011

This sounds highly related to this jira issue/question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12956/jira-full-ldap-integration-how-do-you-deal-with-retiring-users.

I think Atlassian have somehow missed dealing with this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events