Organize Insert menu to show user's favorite macros.

Bert Dombrecht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: The Editor

Is there a possibility to put the user's favorite or most used macros in the Insert menu?

We typically use the same 5 macro's in our pages, and have to go find them in the "more macros" section each time. It would be a real time saver to have them on top of the insert list.

This could be "smart" be adding the last used macro's to the top of the list, or custom, by offering a form where the user can select and organize macros in the list. 

2 answers

1 vote
Eduardo Nunes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2015

Hi Bert,

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible unless customizing the source code. One good workaround for this is to speed up macro entry with autocomplete:

Type { and the beginning of the macro name, to see a list of suggested macros.

There is an existing open feature request for Confluence to improve functionality in this area. I'd suggest you to vote and comment on it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23368

Cheers,

ENunes

Bert Dombrecht
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2015

Hi Eduardo, The { and autocomplete speeds it up indeed. Thanks for the tip! I'll add my suggestion to the issue. Cheers, Bert.

Like Nisreen likes this
0 votes
Nisreen September 13, 2023

Mucho Gracias Eduardo 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events