Open links in new tab or window

Kevin Kohut November 18, 2017

This is a specific question, but it exposes a serious flaw in the Atalassian's approach to cloud apps. I want to simply open an external link on my Confluence page in a new tab. Simple, right???

Well, no such luck. Search on this, and you get answers that apply to previous versions of Confluence. Ah, I am a smart guy, so I think, let's see what version I am running. Lo and behold. the cloud based Atlassian apps don't use versions. I can assume it is the latest version, but still don't know how to search properly.

So anyway, how do you make external links open in a new tab? 

2 answers

0 votes
Carlos Gomez November 29, 2017
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2017

A lot of the answers you've found apply to current versions of Confluence, not just "previous".  Cloud Confluence does have versions, but they're mostly irrelevant to you because Cloud is upgraded automatically and you can always assume it is latest or only one release behind.

But the answers don't apply to Cloud because you can't implement the changes there.

The way to make external links open in a new tab is "move to Server Confluence and hack that to add the function".

Kevin Kohut November 20, 2017

Not really an option for me. Thanks for the input.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events