Only receive summary notifications in lieu of instant notifications

shailesh030 March 14, 2018

Summary notifications is a great feature but is there a way, I can configure confluence cloud to receive only summary notifications and not instant notifications unless someone tags me to some content? Below is what I am hoping to achieve

1. Someone updates content in some space --> receive only summary notification

2. I updated content in a space --> Do not want by default to be added as a watcher on that page and should continue to receive only summary notification

3. Somone tags me @shailesh in a comment --> receive instant notification

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jan March 14, 2018

In your user settings > email you can control, whether you want to automatically watch content created or edited or commented. If you uncheck this option you are only watching content which you actively set to be watched. As soon as you are mentioned, you will always get an instant notification. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/email-notifications-724765358.html

0 votes
Eduardo Rocha April 28, 2022

I believe the suggestion from @shailesh030 is really good.

The use-case is, I do want to receive notifications on content. I want to keep watching spaces and auto-watching pages I edit, but on a moderately sized team, many changes can happen in a few hours. So, the proposed solution is an option of only receiving the daily summary of changes, instead of receiving an email for every single change.

Although the suggestion from @Jan  would limit the number of notifications, it would also prevent me from being informed about changes in the content.

Confluence doesn't have such a feature. There's an open issue, though:

But, in another issue, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-14888, there's an official statement from Atlassian saying they're working on the notifications:

> Most relevant, in the next few months we'll be releasing a new Confluence Daily Digest option which will allow customers to receive all page update notifications across all of the spaces and pages they watch in one daily email.

So, there's hope after all.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events